Nicole Kearns

Pastors and Ministry Directors and Leaders
BIO Questions Format

1. Educational Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
I graduated from Morro Bay High School in 2003 and since have continued to further my education in Early Childhood Education. I have taken classes through Head Start, Chemeketa and the Child Care Division of Oregon.

2. Professional Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
I work for a child development center for two years where I was a teacher for the infants, toddlers and twos. After this I started an in-home day care where I had kids from infants to second graders. While the older kids were at school I held a preschool program that had age-appropriate activities (including toddlers).

3. Personal Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
I became a Christian when I was young and I grew up in a God-centered home. When I was younger baby-sitting was my job. I was always surrounded by kids. During High school I took several challenging child development courses. After this I moved to Oregon and immediately began working for the center. While I was working for the child development center and starting the in-home day care, I became a wife and a mother of two.

4. What is the passion that drives your particular role in the church?
The kids! They are so innocent and they absorb everything. If I can show them the love of Jesus Christ at such an early age it could make a life long impression on them; especially those who do not hear about Christ anywhere else. There is nothing like listening to a child’s first prayer or watching them sing “Jesus Loves Me” with a full understanding of it. They glow and that just warms my heart and makes me want to teach it all over again.

5. Do you see yourself in this role in 5 years; if not where would you see you in the church?
I have just been given another opportunity to minister to kids in our community as the director of Discovery Zone Preschool that our church will be opening this coming January. So in taking that position I don’t know how long I will be “Preschool Ministry Director”. I would like to eventually step back from this position so that my main focus’ can be on my family and Discovery Zone Preschool.