Jessica Spencer

Pastors and Ministry Directors and Leaders
BIO Questions Format

Educational Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
I graduated from McMinnville High School, where I lettered for dance team and was among the first class to complete CIM & CAM before they were requirements. I became a wife and mother shortly after, which has been an educational process all on it’s own! I plan on going back to school when Grace is a little older.


Professional Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
I have worked in the children’s department here at the church for 5 years. I have been responsible for teaching the lessons, preparing crafts, ordering curriculum and training caregiver staff and volunteers making sure that our activities are age appropriate.


Personal Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
Growing up I went to church on Christmas and Easter with my parents. Sometimes my Aunt would take me with her and sometimes I would go to church with friends-mostly VBS. The majority of my younger church life was spent at The First Assembly of God and St. James. When I was about 5, I asked Jesus to come into my heart.

The summer after I graduated high school I was married and had my first of three children; Nicholas (10), Noah (8) and Gracella (2).


What is the passion that drives your particular role in the church?
I love kids! It’s an awesome responsibility to “Be Jesus” to the kids we see come through these doors every week. I love that we get to introduce these kids to Jesus and how much he has done for them and how much he loves them.


Do you see yourself in this role in 5 years, if not where would you see you in the church?
It is up to God where I will be in 5 years. I will do what God calls me to do.