Terri Sharp

Pastors and Ministry Directors and Leaders
BIO Questions Format

Educational Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
Hi my name is Terri Sharp. I was born in Anaheim, CA but raised in Napa Valley, CA. I attended Vintage High School graduating in 1986. During my high school years I was part of a state wide technical program in the Commercial Art Field. This was a program that led me to believe that my career would be in the art field. But…. later I went on to major in Interpreting for the Deaf in college. (How is that for a weird path?) I loved school and now have a passion for encouraging others to return back to college. I have learned through life’s experiences how to fan the flame and pass it on to others. Looking back on my years of growing up I can clearly see several people of influence and assistance that God placed in my life.

Professional Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
My life has been blessed by the Lord providing me the opportunity to be involved with the following ministries: Blended Family Ministries, Outreach Ministries, Women’s Ministries, Mission Fair and most recently the Link to Serve Ministry. I did not arrive at COTH with a Nazarene background. I was raised Catholic. Believe it or not when I was little I thought I was going to grow up and become a nun. (Some of you are laughing!!) Well to make a long story short I did not become a nun. In fact I really count my walk with the Lord late in life. Through the years I have had to learn a great deal about life and God’s incredible grace. My professional background includes working with many types of people in various settings and meeting a need. This was a passion that I learned to love early on as an interpreter. One of my treasured memories was being assigned to interpret for a Deaf/Blind client for an art class. I believe that that the Holy Spirit was grooming me for bigger and better things. God’s way not mine!! Duh!! Took me a little while to figure this out though!

Personal Background that helped prepare you for the role you play at the church?
Over the years I have experienced SO many different things. I am a daughter, sister, mother and wife.
I have chosen to take these moments of “Real Life” and encourage other woman to step up in various ministries.
If I can be used by the Lord as a voice of encouragement, a leader for woman’s ministries, a support for their heart, and a worker for His Kingdom…. I am so there!! Reflecting on my life I have been SO blessed to witness, as well as experience, strong, perfectly balanced Godly woman stand up and take small steps to change the world and lead others to a personal relationship with Christ.

What is the passion that drives your particular role in the church?
My passion is witnessing something “broken” and seeing the transformation into all that God intended her/him to be. Loving on what others may call the unloved, the unchurched and the unaccepted. Gang it doesn’t get any better than that!! After all we have ALL been those things at one time in our lives. My personal passion is to be used by Christ to pass on His miraculous love & His purpose. Bringing hope to others as well as encouragement through God’s promises is what it’s all about. Provide practical leadership skills that will facilitate, celebrate, encourage and even spark women to serve in various ministry roles at COTH.

Do you see yourself in this role in 5 years; if not where would you see you in the church?
Yes if it is God’s purpose and God’s will! I will forever “seek”, “listen” and “walk” for the Lord. Everyday is a God given opportunity to be a woman of influence, and encouragement in someone’s life. Helping them discover and become all that God destined for them to be. My life will always be full of alacrity, dedication and a longing to teach others about Christ. I owe it ALL to Him!!